[Washington D.C., February 22nd, 2022] — The Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT), the leading global organization supporting women in business, professional development & education, networking, and entrepreneurship, is pleased to announce the members of its 2022 Executive Committee who assumed their roles as of January 1. This group of elected women and men will serve for the 2022 period.
OWIT president, Frida Owinga is the first president to serve outside of the United States of America and from Africa. As a certified life-and-work coach, she has worked with business owners across various sectors for over 20 years, supporting them in different capacities but with the singular objective of building organizations that foster quality, sustainable work with the goal of alleviating poverty.
Owinga studied Organization Leadership and Management at Regent University, then furthered her business education by completing Kaufmann Foundation’s Small Business Management training and Goldman Sachs’ 10KSB Women Entrepreneurship program. Additionally, she has served as the Vice Chair of Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) SME Club and as Board Director and Nomination Chair of a listed Real Estate company. Owinga joined OWIT in 2009, serving in various capacities before becoming President of OWIT Nairobi in 2017 and V-P Chapter Development in 2019-20, during which time she supported the setup of OWIT Nigeria, St. Louis, Dominican Republic and Zimbabwe.
Also named to OWIT’s Executive board for 2022 is Niki Jones, a long-time Tri-State resident and community business leader. She has again been named Vice President of Marketing, a role she first took on in 2021. Like Owinga, Jones is a graduate of Goldman Sachs’ 10KSB Women Entrepreneurship program. Her marketing firm, Niki Jones Agency, Inc. was named to Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 5000” list of America’s fastest-growing private companies in 2018. In 2020, The Times Herald Record listed Jones as one of 20 area businesspeople to watch in the new decade.
The comprehensive list of members of the new OWIT Executive Board is as follows:
- President – Frida Owinga, Nairobi, Kenya
- Executive Vice President/President‐Elect – Hulya Kurt, Lake Geneva, Switzerland
- Treasurer – Carolina Schneider,Virtual Chapter, Ohio, USA
- Assistant Treasurer – Torrey Chambliss,Tampa Bay, USA
- Co-Vice President, Chapter Development – Maurice Otieno,Nairobi, Kenya
- Co-Vice President, Chapter Development – Susan Baka, Toronto, Canada
- Vice President, Marketing – Niki Jones,Virtual Chapter, New York, USA
- Vice President, Social Media – Kyesubire Greigg,Nairobi, Kenya
- Vice President, Conference/Newsletter and Secretary – Audrey Ross,Toronto, Canada
- General Counsel – Audrey Glover‐Dichter,South Florida, USA
- Co-Vice President, Programming – Kezia Mukiri, Nairobi, Kenya
- Co-Vice President, Programming – Sydonie Neysmith, Virtual Chapter, Florida, USA
- Co-Vice President, Information Technology – John Njau Murithii, Nairobi, Kenya
- Co-Vice President, Information Technology – Pearl Ngwenya, Zimbabwe
- Co‐Vice President, Sponsorship – Stephanie Sherrod, Virtual Chapter, Chicago, USA
- Co‐Vice President, Sponsorship – Tshengi Ndolvu, Zimbabwe
- Co‐Vice President, Partnership – Angela Hofmann,Washington, D.C., USA
- Co‐Vice President, Partnership – Cortney Morgan,Washington D.C., USA
- Vice President, Membership – Nancy Aketch, Nairobi, Kenya
- Vice President, Chapter Support – Karen Bland, Washington, D.C., USA
- Co-Vice President, Virtual – Alexian Wines, Washington D.C., USA
- Co-Vice President, Virtual – Rosy Hernandez,Virtual Chapter, Texas, USA
- Immediate Past President – Cami Mazard,Washington, D.C., USA
OWIT is a global organization with locally operated chapters established in regions of Africa, the Americas, and Europe. Chapters host events that educate members and foster the creation of new international and domestic connections.
The organization defines its mission as follows: “United around the globe, OWIT’s goal is to foster international trade and the advancement of women in business. Our growing network continues to provide a collective forum to support education, to facilitate information exchange and to promote networking. In pursuing these goals, OWIT strives to provide a rewarding volunteer environment, to stay at the forefront of trade and technological developments, and to build partnerships and alliances with peer organizations and associations.”
Joining a chapter is easy! Visit the organization’s membership page (https://owit.org/register-membership/) to find a local chapter near you. OWIT makes it easy to adhere to social distancing guidelines while still being an active member. Use OWIT’s virtual chapter finder (available at https://owit.org/virtual-chapter/) to join an online chapter. This is also a useful resource for those who do not have a chapter in their area. After registering with a chapter, individuals are added as members of the global network.
The Organization of Women in International Trade (‘OWIT’) is the leading organization in promoting and supporting women in business, networking, and professional development. From all of us to you, we are excited to see the journey you embark on in your career and hope to help our members in gaining success. For more information on OWIT, visit https://owit.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Niki Jones Agency