[Washington D.C., March 1, 2021] — The Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT), the leading global organization supporting women in business, professional development & education, networking, and entrepreneurship, is pleased to announce the members of its 2021 Executive Committee who assumed their roles as of January 1. This group of elected women and men will serve for the 2021 period.
Members of the new OWIT Executive Board are:
- President – Cami Mazard, Washington, D.C., USA
- Immediate Past President – Jennifer Diaz, South Florida, USA
- Executive Vice President/President‐Elect – Frida Owinga, Nairobi, Kenya
- Treasurer – Carolina Schneider, Virtual Chapter, Ohio, USA
- Assistant Treasurer – Torrey Chambliss, Tampa Bay, USA
- General Counsel – Audrey Glover‐Dichter, South Florida, USA
- Assistant General Counsel – Evelyn Suarez, Washington, D.C., USA
- Co-Vice President, Chapter Development – Rosslyn Sadia‐Mutahi, Nairobi, Kenya
- Co-Vice President, Chapter Development – Alexian Wines, Washington, D.C., USA
- Vice President, Chapter Support – Karen Bland, Washington, D.C., USA
- Vice President, Membership – Carol Brewer, Washington, D.C., USA
- Vice President, Government Relations/Co‐Vice President, Sponsorship –Thamar Harrigan, Washington D.C., USA
- Co‐Vice President, Sponsorship – Tamuna Gabilaia, Washington D.C., USA
- Vice President, Conference/Newsletter and Secretary – Audrey Ross, Toronto, Canada
- Vice President, Social Media – Kyesubire Greigg, Nairobi, Kenya
- Co‐Vice President, Partnership – Cortney O’Toole Morgan, Washington D.C., USA
- Co‐Vice President, Partnership – Angela Hofmann, Washington, D.C., USA
- Co-Vice President, Programming – Stephanie Sherrod, Chicago, USA
- Co-Vice President, Programming – Maurice Otieno, Nairobi, Kenya
- Co-Vice President, Virtual – Michelle Jones, Virtual Chapter, Montana, USA
- Co-Vice President, Virtual – Rosy Hernandez, Virtual Chapter, Texas, USA
- Vice President, Information Technology – Kusum Gurbani, South Florida, USA
- Vice President, Marketing – Niki Jones, Virtual Chapter, New York, USA
OWIT is a global organization with locally operated chapters established in regions of Africa, the Americas, and Europe. Chapters host events that educate members and foster the creation of new international and domestic connections.
The organization defines its mission as follows: “United around the globe, OWIT’s goal is to foster international trade and the advancement of women in business. Our growing network continues to provide a collective forum to support education, to facilitate information exchange and to promote networking. In pursuing these goals, OWIT strives to provide a rewarding volunteer environment, to stay at the forefront of trade and technological developments, and to build partnerships and alliances with peer organizations and associations.”
Joining a chapter is easy. Visit the organization’s membership page (https://owit.org/register-membership/) to find a local chapter near you. OWIT makes it easy to adhere to social distancing guidelines while still being an active member. Use OWIT’s virtual chapter finder (available at https://owit.org/virtual-chapter/) to join an online chapter. This is also a useful resource for those who do not have a chapter in their area. After registering with a chapter, individuals are added as members of the global network.
The Organization of Women in International Trade (‘OWIT’) is the leading organization in promoting and supporting women in business, networking, and professional development. From all of us to you, we are excited to see the journey you embark on in your career and hope to help our members in gaining success. For more information on OWIT, visit https://owit.org or contact us at Info@OWIT.org.