Milford, PA – LEE CHILD, the creator, and author of the best-selling JACK REACHER series will appear at the 2nd Annual Milford Readers and Writers Festival on September 16. The Jack Reacher thrillers have sold over 100 million copies in 47 languages. Two of the novels have been made into hit movies starring Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.
At the Festival, Child will be in conversation with Stephen Rubin, President, and Publisher of Henry Holt, a major New York publishing house. Rubin has published many best-selling novelists including John Grisham and Dan Brown.
Appearing on the main stage of the Historic Milford Theater, they will explore the mystery of making bestsellers – how they are created and how they are marketed. Lee Child will share his personal experiences as the author of one of the best-selling book franchises ever and his ongoing relationship with his creation, Jack Reacher. The audience will be invited to join the conversation.
In addition to the conversation with Lee Child and Stephen Rubin the Festival also includes the following, all part of the Festival Pass on sale now:
- Love Letters, a two-person award-winning Broadway play performed by actors Len Cariou, and Heather Cariou, at the Historic Milford Theatre;
- Robin Morgan, award-winning author, activist and feminist in conversation with journalist Farai Chideya, whose most recent book is The Episodic Career: How to Thrive at Work in the Age of Disruption;
- Patricia Bosworth, one of the country’s preeminent biographers (Montgomery Clift, Diane Arbus, Marlon Brando, Jane Fonda) and author of a recent memoir, The Men in My Life: A Memoir of Love and Art in 1950s Manhattan in conversation with the director of the Woodstock Bookfest, Martha Frankel, author of a memoir (Hats & Eyeglasses) and other books;
- A Plenary Panel with all the above writers in conversation with each other and the audience;
- A Private Author’s Reception and a chance to meet and talk with all the authors from the mainstage panels at the Hotel Fauchere; and
- A Science Fiction Writers Panel featuring Lawrence C. Connolly, Gordon Van Gelder, Paul Witcover, Robert Levy and John Grant.
A limited number of Festival Passes valid for entry to all Festival events as well as a private Authors Reception open only to Pass holders are now available for sale at the special early bird discounted price of $125 per person. Individual tickets for the Science Fiction Panel only on Sunday, September 17, are on sale for $25 per person. Tickets can be purchased at EVENTBRITE LINK and more information about the festival can be found at: www.milfordreadersandwriters (prices for the Pass and the Science Fiction panel will increase on August 15).
In addition to the ticketed events, the festival also offers a host of free programming and events around Milford and open to the public, including “Women Writing About Their Lives,” “Restaurants that Changed America,” storytelling and children’s and young adults events at the Pike County Public Library, “Artists Writing about Art”, “Recovery from Trauma”, poetry, travel writing, a marathon Twilight Zone episodes screening, beer tasting and Science Fiction at the Dimmick Inn, an open-mic event: “RAW After Dark” at Bar Louis, a “pop-up” bookstore, conversations and book-signings with local writers and more.
The Milford Readers & Writers Festival is a project of Pike Artworks, Inc., (501-c-3 status pending) organized by a group of community volunteers from the Upper Delaware River Valley region.
Niki Jones Agency